We are currently looking for a Project Architect to join our team in Collingwood. Suitable candidates will have experience in the documentation and delivery of multi-residential and/or commercial projects. ArchiCAD skills are preferred. If you are interested, please submit your CV and portfolio to email@example.com
The Project Architect is required to work with the Associates and/or Director to manage the design concepts for a project and sustain them through each stage until completion. The Project Architect role will encompass all aspects of concept design, town planning, design development, documentation, contract administration/liaison, quality control, project management, and client negotiation and management.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Architecture
- Registration with the ARBV (or state equivalent)
Leading Architectural Projects
- Leads projects from inception through to delivery with limited assistance from senior management.
- Works with the Associates and/or Directors on design resolution throughout the project.
- Demonstrates an extensive understanding of all project requirements.
Managing Clients and Project Team
- Maintains positive relationships and ensures effective communication between clients, project managers and consultants.
- Proactively leads the project team which includes consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Contributes positively to the culture of the organisation and assists in creating an effective working environment.
Managing Project Programming and Budgeting
- Understands the objectives and requirements of projects and keeps within financial project budgets.
- Manages project hours, timelines and costs within agreed budgets.
- Plans, prioritises and works to meet project requirements for delivery at agreed timelines.
- Helps identify and mitigate risk.
Managing Contract Administration
- Runs the contract administration or contract liaison (where applicable), of projects on site.
- Undertakes site inspections, notes conformance with documentation, liaises with site managers and prepares progress reports.
Managing Industry Relationships
- Establishes and expands working relationships with clients, consultants, authorities, contractors and collaborators.
- Upholds a professional image within the industry.
- Resolves complex and sensitive issues and communicates clearly by selecting language, tone and format to suit the target recipients.
Planning and Organisation
- Organises and schedules tasks.
- Develops realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability.
- Plans and manages multiple projects concurrently.
Understanding Material and Construction Requirements
- Researches material requirements for projects.
- Has a broad knowledge of building products and construction processes.
- Inspects construction materials to see that they conform to specifications.
Drafting and Computer Applications
- Uses CAD software, hand sketching and other computer applications to perform the drafting of construction drawings as well as the compilation of specification documents for contracts.
- Upholds Fieldwork standard CAD & documentation processes and contributes to training of new and existing staff members in liaison with BIM Manager.
Showing Design Sensibility
- Prepares architectural designs consistent with the client’s project requirements and legislative requirements in liaison with the Associate and/or Director.
- Resolves complex design issues.
- Has awareness of best practice in architecture and current trends.
Showing Commercial Acumen
- Achieves desired outcomes through the awareness of costs and business risk.
- Uses negotiation techniques to bring about desired results.
Showing Initiative and Resourcefulness
- Contributes to various committees and assists Committee Leads to achieve KPIs.
- Works unguided and proactively.
- Assembles information, interprets technical data, and deals resourcefully and laterally with problems.
- Is meticulous and attentive to detail at all times.
- Undertakes the practice of Architecture in a highly professional manner.
- Understands and adheres to confidentiality requirements of the client and the practice.
- Strong leadership and management
- Highly organised
- High professional standards
- Quick and accurate problem solver
- Good negotiator
- Experience working with project managers and consultants as part of a larger design team, as well as working autonomously.
- Experience in client management and communicating effectively.
- Experience in the design, documentation and delivery of small, medium and/or large-scale projects from briefing to project handover.
- Excellent knowledge of architectural design and theory.
- Understanding of architectural concepts, practices, procedures, construction documents and practices, specifications and schedules.
- Experience in ArchiCAD is highly preferred.
- Experience in Sketchup is not essential but preferable.
- Knowledge of construction design and detailing, planning, NCC (BCA) codes, Australian Standards and authority regulations.