LIV Albert Fields
LIV Albert Fields is situated on the traditional lands of the Wurundjeri People of the Kulin Nation and is the result of a consolidation of several parcels of land, which until the mid-1940’s operated as the Hoffman Brickworks and Quarry.
As a Build-to-Rent development, this project has an emphasis on fostering a long-term thriving community. Consequently, the project inherently pursues an alignment between the objectives of the developer, residents, and local community, with the importance of build quality and high quality public and private amenity as a central focus.
Formalising pedestrian desire lines, a large north-south axis linking Albert Street to Clifton Park has been created, enabling a wide public realm with landscaping and trees to offer softening and shade. These pedestrian links present a porous edge while maintaining clear sightlines, acting as an extension of the public spaces of the parklands bounding it and inviting visitors through. At the intersection of these pathways, a landscaped pavilion will mediate between the site and parklands, offering amenity for residents and the local community alike.
Architecturally, this project draws upon the simple, rugged, and somewhat eclectic language of Brunswick. Where possible, functions such as structure, circulation and communal amenity have been brought forward and expressed in the built form.
The project targets a NaTHERS average of 7.0 stars across the development and integrated solar power system. The HVAC and HW systems for all apartments are electrically powered, avoiding fossil-fuel energy sources while provision has been made for a significant number of car share vehicles for use by residents.
More details coming soon.